Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Heroscape 4 Player Free for All #2 (The Finale)

So in rare fashion we finished this game in our second sitting. Although our second day was pretty long (4 hours). Let's get right down to it and see where I stand.

Ah, right, the base thing.
So, the party area is still in my base and I need to get them the hell out so I can play a little offense. Right now I've got Captain Marvel controlled by Tyler next to Lobo and Doomsday (Leeper) adjacent to Marvel. Time to do work.

Mission complete!
Base cleared, time to get ready for an attack. Stephan still has Superman who really needs to go. Leeper, Tyler, and I seem to all have the same idea.

AHHHHHH
Okay, fucking Solomon Grundy (Stephan) is blocking me now back to step 1...

Getting real sick of this...
DOOMSDAY IS BACK. Yay. Mentallo (Stephan) brought him into my base. Although I think Leeper and I are on the same page at the moment and decide to go for Superman.

Finally! Offense!
I used Dr. Fate to bring over Lex Luthor, Tyler has brought Thor close and Leeper is bringing in Non. So far things are not looking good for Superman.

Wow what?
So Stephan had a dastardly dickish plan. I admire that kind of work. He used Mentallo to take control of Thor (Tyler) and wasted his God of Thunder attack which can only be used once per game. I say "wasted" because he could have attacked far more people. Unfortunately for me, 3 wounds were inflicted on Dr. Fate and Leeper did him in. Ugh..

Go get 'em Lobo
So Lobo has gotten caught up in a little pickle. He's adjacent to Doomsday and Non (Leeper) and Thor (Tyler) is near. Lobo does have healing so let's hope he can hold them off.

Can't say I'm surprised
The whole "kill Superman" plan got aborted and I didn't get the memo. Lex did his best but it wasn't good enough.

Bad roll
Lobo rolled bad defense once, and it did him in. Classic Lobo..

Wut
Somehow I took a blurry picture of Leeper.

1 vs 3
Leeper has brought 3 characters out on the left (Parasite, Thanos, Bane) while Stephan tries to put a dent in them with Silver Surfer.

Plan B
I brought a couple of tanks out in Colossus and Abomination. I have an odd plan with them so I hope it works out because I could really do some damage with them if that is the case.

Step 1
Colossus used fast ball special and threw Abomination at Doomsday, giving him one wound.

Step 2
Abomination caused wounds and rolled high enough to throw Doomsday towards Colossus. Unfortunately he did not cause an extra wound but he now has to deal with Colossus.

That's how it's done
How do you kill Doomsday? Roll 6 dice and get 6 skulls. Plan worked perfectly.

Let's try it again!
I fast ball special'd Abomination to the top and attacked Parasite, then threw him back to Colossus.

Get wrecked
Plan works again! Parasite was killed by the Colossus/Abomination throwing combo.

Dammit.
Abomination had a poor roll of the dice, and that's the way it can go in Heroscape. You did good work, Abomination.

There goes his partner
Colossus was hurt going into the center of the map so I'm not surprised he was killed, but I'm on the ropes big time.

"Hey I'm playing a board game!"
I've got another plan. Deadpool and Wolverine both have healing abilities. Arm Deadpool with energy rings which will give him 3 attacks, give Wolverine super speed and attack.

Sup, Green Arrow?
Leeper wasn't happy that I was able to attack twice with Deadpool then attack with Deadpool's rings. Good.

Uh oh.
Okay so Leeper now has Deadpool nearly surrounded with Thanos, Green Arrow, and Doomsday. Good thing Deadpool can attack all 3 in one turn.

Wolverine to the rescue!
Wolverine comes in for support while Leeper also brings in Ms. Marvel turns out while trying to move into Tyler's base to take out the new #1 threat after Superman (Dark Phoenix) we created quite the log jam.

Not enough healing...
Well that wasted my whole round. Deadpool gone.

Time to accept my fate
I'm now really down there on characters. I decide the point of my game now is to play spoiler and try to take out a couple strong characters.
 Elektra, I choose you!
Elektra is sneaky good. Not a power character by any means but enough to cause a fit and take some people out.

This fucking game...
I was able to do a couple things with Elektra but not enough. Tyler's base is packed with strong characters and I lack firepower.

My boy Weather Wizard!
Weather Wizard came on out to attack Archangel (Tyler) I was finally able to use his lightning re-strike attack to it's full potential and gained attack dice for each space Archangel moved this turn. I did end up doing a little damage to that annoying Archangel.

Can't say I'm surprised.
Low life, low defense, low attack. I brought out a support character on offense and he died, but at this point I had to do something he did what he could though.

My final push.
Punisher, Batman, Two Face. My last stand if I could do something decent it would be a little moral victory but things don't look so hot.

Bringing the war to Tyler
Dark Phoenix (Tyler) is getting attacked from all angles. The only hope for this game is Dark Phoenix dying soon without losing...anyone. Batman is to the left of this picture actually doing decent damage to Dr. Doom and Darkseid

Look at sexy Two Face at the bottom
Two Face...TWO FACE one of the weakest characters in this game delivered the kill shot against one of the strongest, Dark Phoenix. Small moral victory on my side but Dark Phoenix did quite a bit of damage to all of us.

So long, Dark Knight.
Batman was taken down by Dr. Doom. At this point we did something we don't often do but we called the game. Stephan and Leeper may have had an outside shot at taking down Tyler but since we're going out of town to SGC soon and want to set up a new game for when we get back we conceded victory to Tyler. I've had much better runs but that concludes a game of Heroscape. Can't wait to play again.









No comments:

Post a Comment